(the amount and locations of icons can differ between versions and because of changes made in the layout)
The Synchronize function is one of the most advanced functions
in MusicReader. It is used to combine and transfer files between several computers
and iPads. This can especially be useful in big orchestras
or when using several computers with MusicReader. The Synchronize
function combines the libraries of two computers at once, leaving only
the newest versions and making the libraries similar. Note that
MusicReader must be active and they have to be on a wireless network to
If you are having problems with syncing then please check the possible solution at the end of this section.
How to use Synchronize:
1. Click the Synchronize icon
2. A panel appears showing several options, select the computer you want to synchronize with
3. Press the Next Step button
- The computers/iPads/... found on the network using MusicReader, click on the name to select a computer
- Manual Settings, can't your computer be found? If you have this
information you can use this option to manually input the login
information. Recommended is to keep the FTP Username and Password.
4. A loading screen is shown, here it tests the connection settings and looks if synchronization is possible.
- If it shows "Synchronization test passed", click Next Step
- If it shows an error, check what it shows and press Previous Step.
5. If succesful it shows a screen showing the actions that will follow, click Next Step
- If it shows "Authentication failed, check your username/password",
check if all the login information has properly be inserted. This is
normally done automatically by MusicReader.
- If it shows "Could not connect to host, please check your settings
and your firewall", check if the wireless connection works. If possible
try to reconnect to the network or check if your firewall is blocking
- If it still does not work, ask for help with the Ask a Question-function on this page.
6. It will now synchronize. If finished your libraries will be synchronized.
Solving problem with syncing
When you have problems with syncing then please try the following to solve it:
- Check if the system are connected to the same (wireless) network.
Turn the Wifi on the iPad off and back on. That restores the network.
- Restart the PC/Mac system(s).
Restart your network router.
Article ID: 48
Created On: Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 4:32 PM
Last Updated On: Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 12:55 PM
Authored by: Nick Leoné [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Online URL: http://kb.musicreader.net/article.php?id=48